Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello Fools,
Can I deduct charitable contributions that I made in 1998 on my 1999 tax return? I was not able to itemizem y deductions in 1998 tax return because other than the charitable contributions I'd no other itemized deduction which forced me to use the standard deduction which was higher.

In 1999 tax return I've home mortgage, property taxes and medical expenses to itemize and my question is can I add the charitable contributions (car donation worth ~ $2,000/-) to 1999 tax return?

Thanks in advance. I am also reading the IRS tax publications, so if I find out earlier I'll post my findings to this board.

Nikhil Bhat
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.