No. of Recommendations: 1
Charlie,

But try to be humble and to find out the facts first. "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar."

Point well taken, and whole-heartedly agreed to.

The "hosing-me comment" was more for comedic relief than anything else.

I too am running Firefox in Windows XP on two different machine with the same result. I also had a co-worker check his account from his computer and he also doesn't have the button.

I tend to think it has something to do with different classes of accounts or levels of accounts. My IRA in question is very small -- $10k --- the portion of my portfolio which I'm ready to have available to invest in bonds at this time as I feel my way through this corner of the market.

I will let you know how I make out, as it is interesting to understand how these brokers make information and services available. I know E*Trade has an elite trading platform that they only make available to accounts over $25,000 and I would've envisioned E*Trade having similar tools or features, but I find it interesting that something as basic would be turned on or off based upon account level or some other flagging system they have.

As an aside, the E*Trade point may be moot... I haven't had enough time to really test drive it, but I found an add-on for Firefox called Tabletools .26 which allows you to filter, sort, or copy in a text tab delimited format information that shows up on web pages in HTML tables.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2637

A quick hi-lite of a table, right-clicking, selecting "Other Table Tools" and selecting between 2 or 3 options such as tab-delimited text and justified delimited text gives you a very clean cut and paste into your favorite spreadsheet. You can also sort or filter the HTML in place on the website with a few clicks of the buttons.

Scott
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.