No. of Recommendations: 1
Charlie said....

"...whereas when I read something like the Richelson's book, I find myself screaming at them for their repeated stupidity."

Presumably that would be Hildy and Stan Richelson's, "The Unbeatable Path To Secure Investment Growth". If so, that was the first bond specific book I ever bought (2007). I found the book completely non-insightful. I put the book down, never looked at it again, and never studied bonds again until early to mid 2008 when I started noticing extremely attractive YTM's and decided it was definitely time to "dip my toe in the bond waters".

Thankfully I was lucky enough to start buying my first individual bonds when the picking was quite easy (but scaring). I remember by mid September 2008 when Lehman fell, I was scared each time I made a buy but luckily I kept buying. Up until that time, I did not have the dicipline to size my individual investments small relative to the size of my overall portfolio. Fear during 2008 and 2009 made me start sizing positions appropriately. I remember thinking something like..."surely not all of these companies can go bankrupt".
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.