Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
This (the below M* article) is a nice read. The article discusses some of the Charlie/Warren recommended books to read and other good stuff. I like Morningstar because it seems there articles are more quantitative, professional, and factual in their discussions.

I contrast this to tscm article which is more about selling a newsletter or turning a quick trade (e.g., JJC out of oils until 5-down days are over as he has mentioned on Mad Money).

I have to say that Jim Seymour, who passed away a few years ago, used to cover the Berkshire event - and he was a class guy. Seymour hooked me on Google at the very onset of Google - before Google became a verb. I miss big Jim.

I also like the fact that the M8 newsletters are advertised in their own promotion - solicitations come separately from other articles. Yes, M* has their own newsletters & want to sell the rags but they are distinct from the majority of the communication I read. A lot of the writers possess CPAs, CFAs, MBAs, etc - which puts a little credibility behind their name.

www.vinvesting.com
"Dreyfus Neenan of Morningstar discusses the Berkshire Hathaway Meetings shareholder meeting in Omaha,the analyst/news briefing and Wesco Annual meeting. He tells us what Morningstar thinks were chairman Warren Buffett and vice chairman Charles Munger's most salient insights for investors.

Excellent commentary by Neenan on topics like "Berkshire's Moat", "When to Sell", "On Asset Prices, Competition, and Expectations", "A Positive Example CEOs Could Set", "Reading/Viewing Recommendations", "Reading/Viewing Recommendations" and "Berkshire Stocks to Watch".."

Roundup of the Berkshire Hathaway Meetings
http://news.morningstar.com/doc/article/0,,132082,00.html?phsection=Comm1

Our take on Buffett and Munger's annual audiences with shareholders.
by Dreyfus Neenan | 05-18-05 | 06:00 AM |

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.