Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Check the following for information related to US expatriates and taxes (from Pub. 593, Tax Highlights for US Citizens and Residents Going Abroad):

"Publications 54, Tax Guide for U.S. Citizens and
Resident Aliens Abroad, 514, Foreign Tax Credit for
Individuals, and 901, U.S. Tax Treaties, discuss in detail
the treatment of your foreign income, the foreign tax
credit, and the general tax treaty benefits available to

Students or professors who receive income from
teaching or while studying abroad should also get Publication
520, Scholarships and Fellowships."

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.