Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
New Discover promotion :
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=24221577&sort=whole

(link to thread at Credit as a Tool board)

rad
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi rad,

Thanks for the link. In 3 clicks, I just increased my cash back for a number of stores that my wife shops at. Me, I have to go kicking and screaming to go to any one of those stores!

We are probably Discover's worst customer. ;-)

We charge typically $3,000 a month up to sometimes $6,000 a month on our Discover card. We use it to pay all of our regular utility bills and most purchases. Every month, we pay the amount in full, so we have (I do not think) EVER paid them even a dime in interest. Our CashBack bonus awards totalled over $500 last year. They pay us $40/month to use their money ;-)

Now, we'll see even greater benefits - up to $2,000 in Cash back - which I hope we will not hit ;-)

Cheers!
'38Packard
(link to thread at Credit as a Tool board)

I didn't even know that board existed. Thanks for posting the link as I have now added it to my favorites. I'm always looking for other ideas, and that board looks like a good place for that.
Now, we'll see even greater benefits - up to $2,000 in Cash back - which I hope we will not hit ;-)

I'm not sure where you're getting the $2,000 in cash back; My understanding of the current Get More promotion is that only $2000 of purchases are eligible for the 5% cash back.

We charge typically $3,000 a month up to sometimes $6,000 a month on our Discover card.
With expenses like those you might be getting more cashback from AmEx Blue Cash. (Half a percent on the first $6,500 in charges per year, then 1.5% percent up to $50,000 of charges. Plus an increased cash back at grocery stores, drugstores, and gas stations.)

- Megan
Hi Megan,

...With expenses like those you might be getting more cashback from AmEx Blue Cash...

Thanks! I'll check that out!

Cheers!
'38Packard