No. of Recommendations: 21
If they downgrade Obama debt.

That means that a ratings agency is actually doing a job.

Here they'd see an entity with no real way to solve it's fiscal problems.

They see a nationed governed as a Banana Republic, by a leader with 3rd world mentality and a leader who doesn't have the nation's best interest at heart.

And they see a citizenry who is showing signs of tribalism and therefore, unable to truly sit down and do big things.

If they look into the future, they see a tiny minority of people being qualified for the good jobs, and they see an immigration policy that LIMITS skilled and innovative workers, while opening the floodgates for low skilled, low wage illegals who by every statistic, make up huge populations of welfare and prison populations.

So it's not personal, it's business.

If Moody's downgrades America....Moody's is actually doing it's job which would be a welcome change for these ratings agencies.

Jedi
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
DC wanted 'financial reform' and they are getting it.

Moody's is going to sock it to them.

t.
No. of Recommendations: 5
We'll see if it really happens.

Some days I think that it's a whole big club. NYC, L.A, Brussels, London and company. Wall Street and the ratings agencies are part of that Establishment.

If Moody's does do a downgrade, Moody's to me becomes a responsible and credible entity.

Look around. A downgrade IS reality.

If only the downgrades would be quick, and severe.

Then America would be forced to become America again.

And kick the world's ass for another century to come.

Jedi
No. of Recommendations: 8
Jedi wrote:
they see an immigration policy that LIMITS skilled and innovative workers, while opening the floodgates for low skilled, low wage illegals who by every statistic, make up huge populations of welfare and prison populations.

http://mjperry.blogspot.com/2011/05/from-executive-summary-o...

From the Executive Summary of the new study The Impact of the Children of Immigrants on Scientific Achievement in America by Stuart Anderson of the National Foundation for American Policy:

"One surprising characteristic unites the majority of America's top high school science and math students -- their parents are immigrants. While only 12% of the U.S. population is foreign-born, 70% of the finalists in the 2011 Intel Science Talent Search competition were the children of immigrants. Just 12 of the 40 finalists at this year's competition of the nation's top high school science students had native-born parents. While former H-1B visa holders comprise less than 1% of the U.S. population, 60% of the finalists had parents who entered the U.S. on H-1B visas, which are generally the only practical way to hire skilled foreign nationals.

It's these taxpaying immigrants with high-achieving kids whose admittance is severely limited, while future low-income consumers of taxpayer-provided resources are welcome to stream across the border. Go figure.

--fleg
It's because Liberals are ONLY tolerant and "open minded" when it means they can either have dominion over an immigrant, or enjoy cheap labor from an immigrant.

But when other immigrants challenge well educated Liberals for jobs and wages be it in I.T, biotech, or whatever.... the Liberals have no choice but to let their bigotry and greedy shine under the spotlight.

While other countries, seek out skilled immigrants to do the jobs of tomorrow.

Jedi
No. of Recommendations: 1
They need redemption from their botching of the liberal created CRA debacle which caused the financial meltdown. They were caught with their pants down. This would return just a little credibility to them if they decide to downgrade.
If they downgrade Obama debt.

Obama's debt? What percentage of the national debt has been rung up under Obama. No fair counting the interest payments on Reagan's, Bush's and son's profligacy.
Obama's debt? What percentage of the national debt has been rung up under Obama.

Has 0bama done ANYTHING to lower it? Cut ANY significant amount of spending? Done ANYTHING but add more to it for his economy-destroying pet projects?
No. of Recommendations: 3
Obama's debt? What percentage of the national debt has been rung up under Obama. No fair counting the interest payments on Reagan's, Bush's and son's profligacy.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20019931-503544.html

National Debt Up $3 Trillion on Obama's Watch
October 18, 2010

"The National Debt stood at $10.626 trillion the day Mr. Obama was inaugurated. The Bureau of Public Debt reported today that the National Debt had hit an all time high of $13.665 trillion."

By my calculation that's a 28% increase in less than two years. No doubt the number is even higher now.
Obama will surpass Bush as far as running up debt.

Obama will surpass a few Presidents combined.

Oh, and Congress has a little to do with spending money.

Indeed a GOP Congress ran up debt in the last 8 years.

Before that, a GOP Congress helped balance a budget.

Today, GOP Governors from NJ to OH to VA are turning around bad Democrat budgets.

Oh....and before 1994, Democrats had many decades in charge of Congress.

They ran up alot of debt.

Not as much as Obama mind you.

Either way, here's to Obama's downgrade, Obama's continue foreclosures despite botched bullcrap programs, and Obama's unemployment despite crap Keynes shovel-ready-up-the-bu** programs.

I'll say what I said before the election...

Obama 2008.

It's as fun as I thought it would be.

Now we need him and the Left to finish the job.

Then America will take over and fix it once and for all.

So far, so good.

The Faculty Lounge has shown that they ought to stay on campus, suck up taxpayer dollars, and go on sabatacles and overcharge students for a pretend-education.

Jedi
Obama probably gives a Christmas bonus to his people for each extra trillion they run up.

Jedi

PS: No, not Christmas bonus my bad. He gives them a Diwali bonus or a Ramadan bonus or a Secular Non Easter LowFat CarbFree AppleSlicesinHappyMeals GardenBunny bonus.

Either way, he exists to stick it to America.

And he's doing a fine job.
gosh Jedi, long time no see.
Hi LED thanks or checking in.

Hope you are well...

Jedi
No. of Recommendations: 2
National Debt Up $3 Trillion on Obama's Watch
October 18, 2010

"The National Debt stood at $10.626 trillion the day Mr. Obama was inaugurated. The Bureau of Public Debt reported today that the National Debt had hit an all time high of $13.665 trillion."

By my calculation that's a 28% increase in less than two years. No doubt the number is even higher now.

-----------------------------------------------------

The National Debt is $10 Trillion dollars? Oh my God! What the hell are we doing fighting wars all over the world for? Why doesn't someone just stand up and say "we're going home! We're broke and we can't afford to fight any more of these stupid f**king wars any more!!!"

Let them figure it out amongst themselves.

Artie
Then you'd be called "isolationist".

If they do that, ask them to drop bombs on Canada, cause if we don't do that we're "isolationist" with Canada.

Everyone from the Northrop Grumans to the Israelis would go absolutely nuts if America stopped being God on Earth.

Bittersweet: Soon America won't be able to do squat as far as foreign affairs.

It's a good thing. I just wish it'd be our choice, instead of our punishment.

Patrick Jedi Buchanan
Obama's debt? What percentage of the national debt has been rung up under Obama.
---
Has 0bama done ANYTHING to lower it?

No. And thank goodness. Cutting government spending is a terrible idea during a recession.

The acknowledged national debt at the end of the 2001 fiscal year was $5.8 trillion. Two years later it was $6.8 trillion, up 17%. (If Bush had kept the debt growing at just that pace and no faster, at the end of the 2009 fiscal year it would have been $10.9 trillion.)

The acknowledged national debt at the end of the 2009 fiscal year was $11.9 trillion. Today it's $14.4 trillion, up 21% and there are still two months to go in Obama's first two fiscal years.

Bush was denounced as a spendthrift for a very good reason. Obama is nearly 25% more of a spendthrift.
---
Has 0bama done ANYTHING to lower it?

No. And thank goodness. Cutting government spending is a terrible idea during a recession.
----------------------------------------
What are you basing your opinion on?

Biggs, Hassett, and Jensen found that successful fiscal consolidations averaged 85% spending cuts and 15% revenue increases, while unsuccessful fiscal consolidations averaged 47% spending cuts and 53% revenue increases.

I don't think history is in your favor just thinking off the top of my head from the Great Depression and Calvin Coolidge and the Roaring 20's. Two different ways of dealing with it and it seems Calvin Coolidges approach was far superior. Actually you can look at how this recession was dealt with, massive spending which was going to stop us from getting above 8% unemployment, we're at 9.2% unemployment now with .4% GDP last quarter and 1.3% GDP this quarter, and i'm sure the 1.3 will be adjusted down.

Henry Morgenthau, Jr. was FDR's Secretary of the Treasury from 1934-1945. In the following important quote, he admits that the big New Deal stimulus spending programs had failed.

(p. 2) We have tried spending money. We are spending more money than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and if I am wrong . . . somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job, I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises. . . . I say after eight years of this administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started . . . . And an enormous debt to boot!

Those who do not learn from history are 9 times out of ten democrats.
And even with that chart a good chunk of what you call Obama's debt is the $$$ not coming in to the treasury because the Senate Republican's prevented Obama from letting the Bush tax cut expire.

So that portion should obviously be called McConnell's Debt.

The Senator form Kentucky was a coward in not facing up to the debt crisis when he had a chance. Same with Boehner. Greedy cowards.

Here are their priorities: Rich people first. Then party. Then, maybe, if we're lucky, the country.

Does anyone remember hearing anything about the debt last December. No, they were just shrieking about taxes, and making sure Obama couldn't do anything to decrease the debt.
No. of Recommendations: 2
It was Obama who gave a tax cut to the rich.

Obama was and is President and as has been expressed every single time something went wrong in the past 10 years, he who is President gets FULL blame. That's what Liberals have said and that's how they operated.

So it is indeed Obama's debt.

So now let's go a step further and look at income tax payments per state.

Eventually the people pay the interest on the debt.

Which states pay the most?

Not Alaska. not Alabama.

So.... here's to more of California and NYC and other blue states having to pony up more tax money, while they see their school budgets shrink. And here's to even MORE of that money going to Alabama and Alaska for PORK. Hey, we're Liberals right? FROM each according to his ability, TO each according to his need.

So here's to Obama's record debt, and here's to the Liberals who shall pay for it.

(All of this is based on statistical fact. No political conjecture on my part, other than laughing)

That's why we need to raise income taxes even more.

Again, we know where the money will come from, and to whom it'll go.

We now return you to your program in schedule: Obama's shovel-ready stimulus and infrastructure projects, while unemployment and rolling brown-outs become more normal in America.

LOL

Obama 2008

Jedi
Here are their priorities: Rich people first. Then party. Then, maybe, if we're lucky, the country.

Does anyone remember hearing anything about the debt last December. No, they were just shrieking about taxes, and making sure Obama couldn't do anything to decrease the debt.

Its been more than 2 decades since I have experimented with psychedelics. Obviously, the drugs are getting better.
It was Obama who gave a tax cut to the rich.

So I see you have given up on hoping anyone with a brain cell will take you seriously.
Take your Obama debt seriously.

LOL.

The world is.

jedi

PS: Google it. Obama gave tax cuts to the rich. Obama was President when it happened. Seriously, Google it you'll see.
I should have said:

So I see you continue giving up hoping anyone with a brain cell will take you seriously.
And in the moment you wrote that post, you went in the hole many more billions.

LOL.

Moody' is watching.

Behave.

Jedi