Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1

I'm not aware that there is any secondary market for these instruments, since many of them tend to be very small.

If you're simply looking for a list of what exists (instead of what you can buy), search Edgar for filing type 424(b)(2). Go here: and click "Advanced Search Pane" and then under "In Form Type" select "424B2". This will give you all kinds of weird structured instruments (Note that not all of these are principal protected CDs, but all kinds of structured instruments). I know JPM issues a ton of weird stuff like this, so you can also do a basic Edgar search for JPM filings and then limit that to 424B2 to get a sense of what they do.

Note also that isn't necessarily a complete list, as there are issues I am aware of (such as from Union Bank) that I can't find in EDGAR. (I had someone ask me how these work and if they make sense, so I recently had Union Bank send me a disclosure statement so I could read it. I had the November release, you can find a one for their December notes here: ). Some that are currently available are also listed here:

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.