Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 9
Moment Utah 'child snatcher' is arrested after hero teacher armed with GUN 'stopped him abducting girl, 11, from elementary school playground

Police arrested Ira Cox-Berry, 41, after he allegedly snatched an 11-year-old girl while she was playing on the playground at Lincoln Elementary School in Ogden

Before Cox-Berry could get away with the girl an armed school employee shouted and demanded he leave and ushered students into a nearby classroom

After the children were inside the school, Cox-Berry approached the school building and began punching the window in an attempt to force his way inside

The school worker, who has a concealed-weapons permit, pulled out his gun and held off the 41-year-old while he called 911

Police arrived and arrested Cox-Berry after a brief struggle and charged him with attempted child kidnapping

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9626675/Police-Arme...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
They are allowed to carry a gun on school property?
No. of Recommendations: 4
They are allowed to carry a gun on school property?

Why don't you investigate and tell us?

Rope
A number of years ago, I did an elected term on our town Board of Education here in NJ. We definitely did not allow guns in the schools, and in fact, we were also opposed to having a police "resource" officer in the various schools. Our collective view is that we didn't want police with weapons to try and take over control of, and monitor students in, the schools.

That's why I asked, because if I remember correctly, at the time, there were no schools in NJ that had police, or allowed staff to carry a weapon in the schools. (That could have changed recently, though I have not heard anything about it).
A number of years ago, I did an elected term on our town Board of Education here in NJ. We definitely did not allow guns in the schools, and in fact, we were also opposed to having a police "resource" officer in the various schools. Our collective view is that we didn't want police with weapons to try and take over control of, and monitor students in, the schools.

That's why I asked, because if I remember correctly, at the time, there were no schools in NJ that had police, or allowed staff to carry a weapon in the schools. (That could have changed recently, though I have not heard anything about it).

This article is about Utah, why are you talking about NJ?
No. of Recommendations: 7
A number of years ago, I did an elected term on our town Board of Education here in NJ. We definitely did not allow guns in the schools...

You were lucky that your restrictions did not promote some whacko to shoot up the school. Something like 95% of mass shootings happen in gun free zones. The naivete of the gun control crowd is beyond foolish and enters the realm of dangerous.

Rope
We definitely did not allow guns in the schools - ICF

------------------

Did you and the board hold the opinion that an active shooter would respect your prohibition?
Here's another crazy gun-related thing that happened while I was on the school board. A few morons decided they wanted to scare a friend who worked at one of our schools. The pulled their car into the teachers parking lot in front of the school, and pulled a fake rifle out of the trunk. The teacher on duty at the main doors saw them, and called for an immediate lockdown which included shutting security gates. The police arrived in minutes and I was told that they had these guys on the ground with rifles aimed at their heads in an instant. I can't recall if they were charged with a crime, but they almost got themselves killed because of a stupid prank. It's guys like these that should have their 2nd amendment rights suspended.
"Did you and the board hold the opinion that an active shooter would respect your prohibition?"

Our town police were far more qualified to deal with an active shooter than any teacher or staff member.
"This article is about Utah, why are you talking about NJ?"

Giving an example about how address school gun violence in NJ.
No. of Recommendations: 2
"Did you and the board hold the opinion that an active shooter would respect your prohibition?"

Our town police were far more qualified to deal with an active shooter than any teacher or staff member.

When seconds mean life or death the police are only minutes away.
-- John Connor
No. of Recommendations: 3

I always thought that if the staff at Sandy Hook Elementary School were allowed to carry at least pepper spray and learned simple self-defense moves they could have been able to disarm Adam Lanza and beat him to death with a shoe or hold him for the cops instead of what happened (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Hook_Elementary_School_s... ).
;-(

C.J.V. - if one is blinded with pepper spray, Sister Mary Anne could take him out with her yard stick, her
;-)