Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
My son's father is an expert at child support avoidance techniques. He has quit jobs, maintained "working for cash" jobs for income, and a year ago he moved out of state. We're in MN, which has somewhat aggressive collection standards (they took his drivers license and captured what meager tax refunds he received in the past) Now he's in MO, which is completely backlogged and overburdened. He's been there 1 year; I have yet to hear if anything is being done.

Right now he pays nothing, and currently owes $20,000.

I want to know if anyone has successfully worked with places like "" or similar 3rd party collection agencies, in collecting past due support? I'm willing to take a hit in the total amount due, just to get something coming in. Anything is better than nothing.

Print the post  


Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.