Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have two 15 year old children that entered the work force last year.
They received W-2 wage summaries for 2012:

One earned $222.93
The other earned $1580

a small amount of federal tax was withheld from each.

I'm thinking of filling out the 1040EZ tax return for each of them.

Is this the correct approach? (seems too easy)

Also, will these wages impact me and my wifes joint return?

I know that they will eventually become too old for me to claim, just not sure how their wages might factor in on my return.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.