Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 10
ChiliChild...I forgot to add a few things: I now attend church after a 50 year absence, and the roof didn't cave in when I walked in that first day. I now also sing in the Senior Adult Choir, and our latest gig was singing the National Anthem for our AAA Baseball team called the Naturals.

Since my DH was a Veteran and died from his Service Connected disabilities, I now volunteer 3 days per week (total 21 hours) at the Veterans Health Care System of the Ozarks in Fayetteville, Ar. It's a simple way for me to attempt to give back to the VA all it gave to my DH and is still providing to me today..

I live in a small brick home that we built in 2013 in an over 55 Community just north of Fayetteville, all single family homes and our only amenity is a 2700 sf club house. It's not a retirement place and besides the clubhouse nothing else is offered. We currently have 17 ladies here that are widows, and 2 widowers.

My son , DIL and 3 grandkids live 400 miles from here but I think nothing of getting in the car and heading northbound on I-49 and I-29. I even flew to Florida last year for a month to stay with a friend. First class r/t and a limo picking me up and taking to me to and from the airport.

Life is too short to sit and wring my hands wallowing in self pity and sorrow. The good Lord gave me courage and a brain and has since told me to use both of them and get busy....life's awaiting.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.