No. of Recommendations: 5
Dear Santa,

How are you? My name is Christina L. Tell Mrs. Claus I said hi. And tell Dasher, Dancer, Comet, Vixen, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph I said hi too. Were staying in a hotel. And I was wondering if you come to hotels. I love you. And Merry Christmas.

Love Christina L.,

P.s. Please write back. And send me a picture of you.

[Note: this is the child for whom gifts must be mailed. The return address was to an unnamed "hotel" in a town about 40 miles away from Chicago. I spent about 2 hours on the phone this afternoon trying to track down the hotel. Finally I called the police department, and a policeman in that town drove by the address. It is not a hotel, but a place for local itinerants to pick up their mail. The address and box number are valid, but obviously, I can't deliver anything there. For what it's worth, I think this child would love some art supplies - her letter is wonderfully illustrated (including a drawing of Santa, with "YOU" written beneath it). Those of you who request a copy of her letter will see what I mean. I can provide her address to any "adopters."]
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1

Hi Bookgrrl,

I've got some modeling clay and some fabric crayons that sound right up Christina's alley. Where do I send them?

Hilary
No. of Recommendations: 0
I bought some colored pencils (12, i think) for Christina!
Hi all:

I'd like to help with this project, but am not sure where there's the most need right now. If you are closely working on one of the letters, let me know.

Should I try to get Christina some art supplies such as notebooks or paper? Or is there a need for clothes still for some of the families?

I'd also be happy to send some $$ for gas or for a general fund.

A new elf who'd love to help
sandiegowriter
Okay, Bookgrrrl, count me in for this one... I'm a Kristina, and namesakes need to stick together :-)
I have some nice art supplies at home and will shop for more. And, I'll put some candy in the package. Is there a chance of finding out anything else about this girl through the local police?
Kris
Thanking you for the chance to participate...
No. of Recommendations: 3
Oh, I'll also write Christina a letter "dictated" by Santa...
No. of Recommendations: 3
Regarding Christina, the girl living in a hotel--I'm interested in collecting some things for her. I was thinking it would be a good idea to give her something to keep these art supplies in--either a suitcase, briefcase-type thing, or art case/box. If her family has little room, this would likely be appreciated. I don't know what I can find yet, however.

Concern: Can this address accept packages? Would it be safe? Bookgrrl, did the polic officer give any indication of this or not? I'm just afraid of them being left out in the open, either outside or inside, where someone else could take them.

To the others interested in her: Do you think if someone called and explained what we are doing to a police officer they might help us learn about this girl and her family? For instance, a school might be able to tell us how old she is and whether she has siblings? (I'm concerned that we send her a ton of stuff and she has brothers and sisters with nothing being delivered.)

Bookgrrl, did you get any sense of her age from the quality from the handwriting or drawings? Even just an over/under 10 would help with what type of supplies to find.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Another idea--if we can't find anything out about her family, we could include some gift certificates in an envelope addressed to "Christina's Parents" with a letter to use these to buy some things for any other children in the family.

Selphiras

Khemofan--Thanks for thinking of writing a letter from Santa for Chirstina! Can you include a "photo of Santa" with your letter? She did ask for one.

Selphiras
I was going to get her a journal with blank pages today. I like the idea of sending something to "Christina's Parents" for the rest of the family!
Another idea--if we can't find anything out about her family, we could include some gift certificates in an envelope addressed to "Christina's Parents" with a letter to use these to buy some things for any other children in the family.

I think this is a great idea. My suggestion would be to address it to "Christina's Family" though -- meaning whomever she lives with, which may or may not be a parent.

Hilary
Can you please email me Christina's address, ASAP. I'm ready to mail off the things for Jennifer & family. But I've suddenly decided that any girl the wonders if Santa comes to hotels needs a doll! And I have one for her. Thanks Elf Lee