Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Christy,

If I were you I would be looking at my credit reports. Look for new credit inquiries or any new accounts opened that you don’t know about.
Print the post Back To Top
What did AmEx say when you called them?
No. of Recommendations: 4
TWICE this year, I've received an email from American Express offering a generous upgrade offer to upgrade from the Delta Gold Amex to the Platinum (plus a 50,000 mile bonus and a $200 statement credit). When I try to redeem the offer, I am told that my cards don't qualify. Does anyone have any insight into why this is happening?

Did you actually apply and were denied? If so, there should have been a denial of credit letter sent to you explaining why you were denied credit.

If you just attempted to apply, but weren't actually allowed to apply, I would suggest reading the fine print in the e-mail offer to see why you don't qualify for the upgrade. Or calling AmEx to ask why you have gotten the offer when they say you're not qualified.

AJ
...email from American Express...

Oof, I just noticed this was via email, not a letter. Could've been a scam, not really from AmEx at all.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Christycyr

Be very careful replying to emails on card upgrades. This could be fraud.

Scenario 1. Credit card company hires another marketing company to get people to upgrade.
You reply to the email by clicking on the link. They ask for your info. They process your offer and you may get your new card. But this marketing company has your personal info.. Do you trust them?

Scenario 2. Some scammer sent the email. You click the button, answer their questions. You never get a card. You are open to fraud.

The better way to deal with this. Don’t apply through the email. Call the cc company using the number on the back of your card. Ask them about the offer and apply for the upgrade with them on the phone.

Mike
Christy,

If I were you I would be looking at my credit reports. Look for new credit inquiries or any new accounts opened that you don’t know about.