Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Good column tonight Phil, this fits into tomorrow's http://www.zdnet.com/pcweek/stories/news/0,4153,391152,00.html This article demonstrates Cisco's effort at branding and keeping it's market. Very sophisticated, very powerful.
Print the post Back To Top
showme,

Glad you enjoyed tonight's column.

Actually, I read that PCWeek article while I was on my return flight from Brazil. In Part 2 of my branding series, I cover what I felt were some of the more salient points made in that article. I also will discuss Microsoft and Intel.

Fool on,

Phil

A sales person for a competitor to CISCO told me that the Gartner Group just released a report indicating that by the year 2001, Cisco will sell 30% of its products based solely on its brand name recognition.
I've gone to Gartner's site but haven't been able to track down the article yet... Has anyone else heard about this or found the article?
--John

A sales person for a competitor to CISCO told me that the Gartner Group just released a report indicating that by the year 2001, Cisco will sell 30% of its products based solely on its brand name recognition.

It just occurred that Cisco could take a page from Intel's book and allow manufacturers to put a Cisco Outside sticker on any box with a modem or NIC in it. Boxes like that need not even contain any Cisco products.