Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
One of the reasons Lucent's cash flow is down is due to the purchasing of data communications companies. They are in the process of trying to build up the Data Networking Systems (DNS) division. Up until the recent any purchases made had to be completed with cash only and not any stock. They have purchased a couple of companies that had best of class products in their market space. Prominet brought the first Layer 2 and Layer 3 switch to the market first prior to Cisco or Bay/Nortel. The purchase of Lannet out of Israel brings the strongest ATM core switch to the market. The Quadratek purchase brought the best the DHCP and DNS Fortune 500 software IP management to Lucent. I do agree that carrying the long term debt is not a good idea. I justed wanted to provide my insight why I think the cash flow has decreased during that time.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.