Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
From reading previous posts, I understand that US citizens, residing in the US, must report income derived from all sources, including income derived from other countries (for example from Offshore accounts).

My question is, if a US citizen permantly resides outside of the US, (for example in a tax haven like the Bahamas or the Caymans), then is income derived in these countries still subject to US taxes?

In other words, are US citizens subject to US taxes on foreign income even if they don't reside in the US?


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.