No. of Recommendations: 9
cjb: "Comparing a fetus at 30 weeks to an acorn is the most dishonest thing possible. Comparing a tree to a human just as bad."

Your inability to comprehend simple concepts is your problem. It only becomes my problem when people like you elect people who seek to take away the rights of women.

I was not comparing a 30 week fetus to an acorn, nor was I comparing a tree to a human. I was using an analogy. The analogy is a simplified way of illustrating that there is a continuum from acorn to tree just as there is a continuum from fertilized egg to newborn baby. And from newly laid egg to chicken. And so on.

Just as an acorn is not a tree, a 3 celled blastocyst is not a human being.

Come to think of it, you probably are too stupid to comprehend simple analogies. That seems to be a common thread for conservatives at tmf.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.