No. of Recommendations: 3
cjb: "So you're saying that even when there's a beating heart, it's still a woman's choice and that it's not a child until after it leaves the womb? Or do you have a point where you deem it a child?"

cjb: "So you're saying that even when there's a beating heart, it's still a woman's choice and that it's not a child until after it leaves the womb? Or do you have a point where you deem it a child?"

1. What I deem and what you deem are irrelevant. We cannot force the woman, at the point of a gun (to paraphrase anti-tax nuts), to accede to our definition. Are too stupid to get that basic point? Or are you too arrogant to get that point? Or do you lack the capacity for human empathy?

2. The Supreme Court decided in Roe v. Wade that the State's interest outweighs the mother's interest in the 3rd trimester. That is a compromise we must accept.

I don't know the meaning of absurb, but the rest of your points are answered by the above response.

If you are a human being, then terminating the pregnancy IS a question of reproductive rights.

I am no longer sure that anti-abortionis human because they have no real concern for plight of the mother and no real concern for the child that they would force the mother to bring to term and then raise.

And their willingness to call themselves anti-government while using the force of government to subjugate women and increase human suffering because of their religious ideology is incomprehensible to me.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.