Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I have also been lurking the IOM boards and may be ready to make a move. However, can someone please clarify a few things...

(1) The Clik! drive seems to be the reason for the recent run-up. How is this going to compare with flash memory (which seems to continue plummeting in price)? Any competing products coming online soon?
(2) The class-action lawsuit for the product preannouncement and then stock drop. As I understand, there hasn't been a resolution yet.... can't this have a serious impact on earnings?
(3) ZIP drive seems to have had its 15-minutes. Several computer mfgs. seem to offer ZIP as an option, but is 100-MB enough? I hear the LS-120 stinks, but I also hear SONY will be rolling out their "Zip-killer" product out soon. Any insight here? Do you that continued sales can make up the multi-million dollar advertising for Zip?
(4) JAZ drive - ok so the Jaz2 hasn't been too big a hit. I hear this SyQuest SPARQ drive (only 1 GB) is doing very well... Any comments? Does IOM plan to make it more cost competitive? (both drive/cartridge)?

Any other analysis would be greatly appreciated!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.