No. of Recommendations: 3
Clinton (fairly) badmouthed policies during the W Bush years. And while I do believe in previous Presidents clamming up for the 1st year, and previous Presidents not whining publicly about foreign policy....I think Clinton like you say didn't badmouth previous or even current Presidents.

I highly doubt Bush will do it and I'd be shocked, saddened even...if he did.

That's my biggest disappointment with Carter. Although his politics aren't mine, I've always respected the man for his honesty and who he was. And while I still salute his honesty, he stopped existing in my universe when he openly badmouthed Bush to a german newspaper during the Iraq war.

I'll say it now: If Bush ever does that to Obama, screw him also and his library too.

I'm not the only one with this beef. If you research it, you'll see Clinton can't stand Carter either. If you watched the 2008 inauguration on CSPAN minus the FOX/MSNBC morons, one would notice the ex Prez's being truly warm to one another....but not Carter. Ditto a recent picture of living Presidents in the Oval Office. Clinton stood next to Carter but the body lingo put them miles away.

It should stop at the water's edge. And if there's only 44 men who have had the world's most powerful job, they should not only have respect for one another but be there to lend a sincere hand.

One day it'll come out that Obama consulted Bush Senior quite a bit on foreign policy.

And I think that'll be testament to both men.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.