Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Plano TX: "They took precautions, but the virus spread among family members from Plano and other parts of the country who traveled to St. Louis, Missouri, for a birthday celebration.

From their 99-year-old father to a 3-year-old great-nephew, more than a dozen relatives felt the effects of the family trip that turned into a super spreader."

https://www.fox29.com/news/99th-birthday-celebration-becomes...

Fortunately , all have 'recovered' but some still under the weather. Only one needed hospitalization.

Can't fix stupid can you? Party for 99 year old, in age group where 1 in 5 will die if they get it?

Someone had it....probably asymptomatic....or early stages......and they flew....had dinner in enclosed space......

t.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
"Fortunately , all have 'recovered' but some still under the weather. Only one needed hospitalization"

*************************************************************************************

The above is the critical sentence is the article and the post.

Howie52
thanks for posting some good news even if the "spin" is intended to frighten folks.
This family has decided no turkey day travel. But millions and millions are headed out. Likely going to be a lot of 'family disasters'.

A good story to prevent others from travel that is going to get a lot of people sick, a lot of people in the hospital, a lot of people with lingering symptoms and long recovery, and some very dead.

There is no 'safe' travel.....

I read where on cluster of infections was traced back to a hotel cleaner lady. Hmmm...likely cleaned 20 rooms a day........ and you could be staying in one....and was in the room for 15 minutes....

I thought motel rooms relatively safe...but have to reconsider any overnight travel.

No way you'd get me on an airplane, with 'waiting rooms', lines for security, waiting in boarding area, sitting next to and ahead/behind of who knows who, etc. then waiting for luggage....

only day trips for me...currently....

t
...This family has decided no turkey day travel....

I'm gonna break All the Rules this year... and have chicken :^)
It's not that contagious. I am with EMS people who transport positive COVID patients almost every day. We touch the same time clock, break room, doors, etc. I also restock ambulances that just come back from 12 hours of hauling patients. I just got my anti-body test, still negative.
" I am with EMS people who transport positive COVID patients almost every day. We touch the same time clock, break room, doors, etc."

I'd bet you wear your N95 mask, wash hands frequently, sanitize the heck out of the ambulance, etc......

Yep, be in same room with people for several hours, unmasked, and you've got a good chance of catching it from someone asymptomatic at the time.

t.
No. of Recommendations: 3
wadigo:

We two roasted a chicken, too. She dislikes turkey. I kinda wanted a turkey drumstick, but there were none anywhere we looked.

Nice day, anyway!

Vermonter (Thankful for many things)