Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have approx. $12,000 invested in my 401k since I opened my account 10/97. After reading of better options in the MF Investment Guide I am seriously considering withdrawing all funds, ending my future contributions and putting what's left over into the stock market, including 10% of future income. I am age 41. I know the tax / penalty hit will be large at first. Any ideas or suggestions. My son mentioned that there may be another mutual fund I could roll this money in to without penalty, and that I could trade and pick my own stocks. I have no problem leaving this money inside an account of this type. Help, please!!
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.