No. of Recommendations: 0
yesterday, my new phone battery drained down to 20%. Yipes!

I didn't use the phone any more that day than I usually do - and after using an app, I always close the app by sliding up from the bottom of the screen. I thought I was closing the app but:

After discovering the extreme battery loss, I did the swiping up, holding my finger on the screen for a moment & swiping sideways to really close the apps, and discovered many apps from the past week that were still showing. I figured that was why the battery drainage to that extent.

Reading further on the closing of apps and the "force quit" which is what I guess I did as described in my preceding paragraph here....I am concerned that I may be causing the battery to work harder when I do re-open any of these apps which I do use a lot.

So, my question is: how do the posters here close their iPhone apps? Do you just do the usual slide or do you do the "force quit" method.

I'm not sure which is best after reading a whole bunch on the subject....

Any suggestions/experience/help would be welcome. thx
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.