No. of Recommendations: 4
Well, I was supposed to close today on my home purchase. My condo sale was supposed to close either yesterday. Well, the condo sale didn't happen yesterday, and nothing is happening today. Grr...

Thankfully, deals are still in place - we amended both contracts today to give additional time to close.

Underwriting at my buyer's mortgage company decided to be a pain in the you-know-what with multiple last minute requests about the condo association and it's management/assets/reserves. I think it was Rayvt that advised me years ago (when buying) "condos can be harder to get rid of than herpes". Well, apparently mortgage companies now share that view. To get the funding expedited, they are requiring my buyer at the last minute to pony up additional funds to do a lower LTV than they had originally qualified him for. He's not happy, but he's agreed to do so.

Everything was in place for my purchase - except my down payment funds. The equity I will walk away with from the condo sale was earmarked to cover my down payment and closing costs (and then some). But with a last minute delay on the sale, I can't just snap my fingers and come up with the $100k+ liquid needed to close. Give me a week's notice and I could do it, but not in a day or two. Thankfully the sellers were very understanding, so we're just pushing everything back a few days.

Waiting on final word if we can get everything set for Friday, if not it'll be Monday.

I just want this thing to be over with!
Print the post  

Announcements

Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Buying/Selling a Home FAQ

Mortgage Professor
Offsite resource for mortgage questions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.