Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
CNC:

The one we plan on using is a bit over $5200 a month for a 2 BR apartment. Includes room (with weekly cleaning) and board, local transportation, and the like

Apparently, you can afford that monthly cost, so I'll let that go, even though we'd go broke in that situation.

Do you live in an apartment or condo now? Or do you currently have a separate home? (I may not have read carefully enough; sorry.) I ask because we lived in an apartment when we were first married, MANY years ago, and could not wait to get into our own little home (and it was little). We craved the privacy, the peace and quiet of no one above, below or next to us; and the feeling of being just the two of us (until little punkins came along, which was okay, too!) Today, we are retired, again in our own home, on several mostly wooded acres, and the quiet is pure delight. Occasionally, a vehicle goes by on the dirt road 150 feet or more from the house, and that's it.

I know many people enjoy having others all around them, and they feel fine moving into a retirement situation where that is still the case. But what of those out there who moved from their own private home to a "community" setting? How do you feel? Have you found it enjoyable?

I'm honestly curious.

Vermonter
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.