Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 12
January cable news viewer numbers, per Neilsen Media Research, have shown CNN with a new all-time low

As liberal viewers flocked to NBC and MSNBC for the debate, there weren’t many left for CNN, which averaged a dismal 569,000 viewers from 9-11 p.m. ET.

That's all viewers. If counting just the age 25-54 group, the most important for selling ad time, that dropped to 169,900 in prime time, compared to Fox News 551,000 in this age group.

Their lowest viewer total ever recorded and put them at #31 on cable networks for January, well behind things like Discover and the Food Network.

Fox News recently celebrated its 18th consecutive year as the most-watched cable news network, dating back to January 2002. FNC’s 18-year streak has been for both primetime and total-day viewers, including the key demo.

While Fox News grew 28 percent compared to the previous year among total viewers, liberal MSNBC and CNN both saw declines. MSNBC averaged 996,000 viewers, down 12 percent from January 2019, and CNN managed only 751,000, an 8-percent drop.

I don't get it. Is CNN management purposefully seeing how low they can get their ratings? Does anyone down the AT&T chain give a rip? I mean, I know CNN is tiny potatoes to the execs at T, but how much dead weight does AT&T management plan on carrying on their balance sheet??

Whatever....

BruceM
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 6
. . . I know CNN is tiny potatoes to the execs at T, but how much dead weight does AT&T management plan on carrying on their balance sheet??

Whatever....

BruceM

+++
+++

CNN's road to perdition began when Ted Turner merged with Time Warner in 1996. The AOL deal in 2001 steepen the downward path & greased the track.

Ted has never given up on the "dream":

Turner famously stated: "We won't be signing off until the world ends. We'll be on, and we will cover the end of the world, live, and that will be our last event... we'll play Nearer, My God, to Thee before we sign off." Reportedly, Turner plans to make good on that promise. He commissioned a video recording of a military marching band playing the hymn. Turner would sometimes play the tape for reporters noting the reason he made it. In 2015, the video was found in CNN's database and leaked. The video was tagged in the database as "[Hold for release] till end of world confirmed".[17]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Turner

sunrayman
not a fan of CNN

p.s. CNN Headline News ain't "news" & should be discontinued, immediately!
No. of Recommendations: 2
"CNN Headline News ain't "news" & should be discontinued, immediately!"

Wholeheartedly agree, although in all fairness so should every "Breaking News" and like titled flashing marquee on every news show on every network, especially on Hannity, who headlines his every show with that phrase even when the report is about things that were already old news last week.

RayB
No. of Recommendations: 4
Wholeheartedly agree, although in all fairness so should every "Breaking News" and like titled flashing marquee on every news show on every network, especially on Hannity, who headlines his every show with that phrase even when the report is about things that were already old news last week.

RayB

---------------------

Yep, damn near every story on Fox News begins with their flashing, attention getting graphic, "Fox News Alert" even if the news item is something repetitive or mundane like, "Democrat party in chaos".
No. of Recommendations: 2
Maybe CNN International makes up for it