Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm curious to see what other fools' thoughts are after the 3Q earnings release? Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi Judge,

Well, can't say I was thrilled with the 3q results, but what did brighten my mood is the fact that they were able to generate about $3.3 million in cash from operations in the quarter. It's difficult to see that from the press release, but if you take the fact that they generated $9.6 million from operations "through" the first nine months of the fiscal year, then you get $3.3 million from subtracting what they made in 1q and 2q. I also like how their hefty cash position remained steady after about $3 million in share buybacks and the purchase of the FiberChoice patents.

Another positive, their international sales picked up nicely. Hopefully, they can keep growing their market share outside of the U.S.

All in all, an average to good quarter. They just need to be smart about how they use their capital going forward.

Matthew Argersinger

Argersinger Investment Group, LP
www.argersinger.net
Hi,
Are you guys planning to add to your current CNXS position?
A drop of 16% looks nice to me..
Attached are links to the 2Q06 results and transcript of the call:

http://www.cns.com/news/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=178313

http://www.cns.com/news/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=178313

Still working through the financials and updating valuations and will post any thoughts.
I've been waiting for a chance to get in, and I just took it. Even my conservative estimate of intrinsic value gives me a 40% margin of safety. This is also the cheapest the stock has been since June of 2005. I doubt if you'll get a better opportunity than this, but you never really know until it's history!
Hi All,

. Even my conservative estimate of intrinsic value gives me a 40% margin of safety. This is also the cheapest the stock has been since June of 2005.

I agree, it looks like a good time to add to a position. I bought more FARO Tue after a bigger drop than this one.
I have to read the information before I add more though.

Rgds
charlie--long CMN
The two links that you posted are the same (press release of the 2Q06 results). Do you have a link to a transcript of the call? Please post it if you do. Thanks.