Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
CNS fans - this post doesn't have much to do with CNS, but may help some of you with congestion. I can't guarantee similar results.

ToroBravo2003 -

Using a naso cup is not as gross as working in an office full of people that make sniffling sounds all day because they're too lazy to blow their nose. Before I start the next sentence -- I am not a doctor -- you're responsible for yourself, etc. Do the naso cup routine over a bathroom sink (a mirror's really not necessary). Fill the cup with warm (not hot) water, a *small* pinch of non-iodized salt, stir, tilt head forward, stick naso cup spout partially into one nostril, then rotate head (into direction of cup) until it's somewhat parallel with floor, then lift back of cup to pour into nostril, breathe through mouth, solution will start pouring out other nostril, when nothing more is pouring out exit nostril, remove cup, blow nose. Repeat with other side. I then repeat the entire process again. And if you are severely congested and nothing's coming out, a third time should do the trick. I've got this down to a science, and the whole process takes me under 3 minutes.

My sister gave me the cup. When she was pregnant, a friend of her's suggested it to help her get rid of a bad cold without using medication. I've been using it for over a year now, and haven't had to see a doctor for a cold since. I used to suffer from sinus infections and strep throat -- missed a lot of work. With this simple device, I've been able to get rid of a sore throat in minutes or a day as opposed to weeks. I work in a sick building and have survived all sorts of group illnesses. Someone has to stay strong, and I'm glad it's finally me.

Like I said above, I can't guarantee similar results. It's a simple product that, like a nasal strip for snorers, has greatly improved the quality of my life in many ways.

OFFRAMP
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.