Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
CNS Hidden Gems board:
http://boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?mid=23922836&bid=116440

Hello Shirley,

You'd be suprised by how many new subscribers don't know about the existence of a subscription board.

I personally think the boards are almost as good as the newsletters themselves, especially with Hidden Gems.

Some of the people that post really know their stuff, and there's usually lots of input form the 'hired guns' which are Fools hired by The Motely Fool to lurk on the boards and post and write articles for the www.fool.com site.

People like TMFCop for example. Who seems to be the 'stroller' on the CNS board(which is the hired gun assigned to a particular board) and TMF1000, who is maybe the most respected person on all the boards. He's a legend and is extremely good at talking to both new, beginner investors and debating a point on complex details.

On the CNS hidden gems page you can click the word 'recs' and the board will sort itself into the most highly recommended posts on that board.
I think this post is the most recommended (don't forget to look at the date though)
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=20538219&sort=whole

When you go to that link above, at the top you'll see this line at the top:
Hidden Gems / HGS: CNS, Inc. (CNXS)

(It's the line with the love heart at the end. If you want to add this board (and if you're a shareholder you probably should) just click the love heart and it'll be added to your favourite board section.

If you click the link Hidden Gems on that line, you'll get into the list of all the subscripton only boards.

Some of the non-company specific boards are excellent. ON one of these boards called "how's it going", TMF1000 has posted a series of posts starting with page number names such as "page 14 present value" and "page 7 balance sheet"
These posts are gold dust. I print them out and read them at work. You should trace them back and get them all, i think.

Here's the link to page 14
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=23665908

One other thing you might like to know, is on the boards, Tom Gardner goes under the name TMFTomG and Bill Mann goes under the name TMFOtter. You could put these names in the search box 'Author' at the bottom of this page and search and find their latest post.

Hope this helps a bit. I sometimes wonder wether I should have gone with Hidden Gems instead of stock advisor, I'll probably give HG a try next year.

duncan

ps. the most efficient way to thank someone or promote a good post is to recommend it
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.