Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Trump wasn't really the problem, He was ONE man.
Americans at least half, are stubborn, spoiled and self focused and HATE to have RULES shoved at them. They'll do wha they please. Trump did not have the authority to control everything people wanted controlled, dictated or changed over night. There was a wonderful spread with dazzling graphics written by 2 Chinese doctors who said that what the USA had and has is what they were handed. Given when they were alerted. The Chinese research scientist said that at no point did any country but China have an opportunity to get ahead of that virus wave that covered the whole earth.

It's fine to say more testing but remember the test had to be invented first. People forget. Nobody knew anything about that bug.

I'm not a Trump fan but I'm not a hater. It appeared. Trump knew that by the time we knew anything it was at a stage that is was within the communities and if no foreigner came or went by the time were knew, it would have gone the same. I dont understand my countrymen and how a little mask becomes a political symbol like a swastika.

Anyway, given what the situation was instead of putting money into testing which wouldnt have changed anything he put money in a vaccine.

How does that relate to stocks. You saw how looney he was, not possible to control the siuation and the stock market didn't care
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 38
Trump wasn't really the problem

Yes he was.

He was ONE man

He was President of the free world.

Trump did not have the authority to control everything people wanted controlled, dictated or changed over night.

Trump enabled them, he validated the worst in them instead of helping them to suppress it.

Trump knew that by the time we knew anything it was at a stage that is was within the communities and if no foreigner came or went by the time were knew, it would have gone the same. I dont understand my countrymen and how a little mask becomes a political symbol like a swastika.

Oh please. Trump tried everything he could to to minimize the significance of the threat, and tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousand are dead because of how Trump handled the situation versus how other world leaders handled it.

The United States is one of the most infectious places in the world - largely due to how Trump responded to the virus.
No. of Recommendations: 13
A minor, tangential, quibble. I think it is a bit of ethnocentrism to say "leader of the free world". A lot of the world is free, and our POTUS is not their leader. And, in fact, because of Trump, what people used to look to us as a "shining beacon" (or whatever phrasing you choose) no longer do, and likely will not for years to come. Angela Merkel and Germany are now what other nations aspire to.

Other than that, you hit the nail on the head. Trump was just one man, but he wasn't "one man" like you or me. We influence virtually nothing. He had a huge megaphone with which he spread lies and misinformation, and he also controlled who was heading departments and agencies that should have been responding to the crisis. He fired anyone who didn't agree with his misinformation. He had a plan created by the previous administration for just such an eventuality, and not only did he throw it away but he disbanded the agency that was set up to handle it.

Any assertion that he wasn't directly (and indirectly) responsible for our poor handling of this crisis can be dismissed with a casual wave of the hand. It's patently false. And, while many Americans would have died regardless, he was responsible for hundreds of thousands of preventable deaths.

In less than one year he managed to exceed the US casualty count from WWII, and that event lasted almost 4 years.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Feeding trolls...

I personally want to move on to a brighter future.

nag
No. of Recommendations: 1
One more grayling...
No. of Recommendations: 4
One more grayling...

This newbie has popped up on several boards that I have seen. Since I only see a few boards, he must be wallpapering The Fool with his drivel.

CNC
No. of Recommendations: 0
paid shill
No. of Recommendations: 3
I personally want to move on to a brighter future.

Anything is brighter than the past four years. Well, short of armageddon.

I'll be happy to just return to some semblance of normalcy and competence. For all it's flaws, it beats rampant corruption and trying to break government institutions.