Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Out here on the lovely Olympic Peninsula, we are working on cleaning up our gardens and thumbing through our Territorial Seed catalogs. As a former Alaskan I worry about how folks are getting along with the polar vortex.

I am taking a Thai Chi class for balance. Don’t wait till you are in your seventies to start some class for stretching or balance. I thought I had been active enough that I didn’t need extra classes.

You can get dizzy watching the stock market. So I don’t.

The housing market out here on the other side of the water from Seattle, cooling down. A nice view home can still sell in three days to a week. It will be at list price or slightly under.
My aging HOA doesn’t have much available.

Huge fight going on town vs county over fire department annexation. Next time I buy a house I will pay attention to the protection code for fire insurance purposes.

I am still supporting my brother. I have him on a list for low income housing. Looks like about three years till he can get in. Housing costs vs paychecks is hurting our rural community. Moving to Seattle and getting a better job means paying even more for housing. No win .

Never forget the French Revolution!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.