Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Out here on the lovely Olympic Peninsula, we are working on cleaning up our gardens and thumbing through our Territorial Seed catalogs. As a former Alaskan I worry about how folks are getting along with the polar vortex.

I am taking a Thai Chi class for balance. Don’t wait till you are in your seventies to start some class for stretching or balance. I thought I had been active enough that I didn’t need extra classes.

You can get dizzy watching the stock market. So I don’t.

The housing market out here on the other side of the water from Seattle, cooling down. A nice view home can still sell in three days to a week. It will be at list price or slightly under.
My aging HOA doesn’t have much available.

Huge fight going on town vs county over fire department annexation. Next time I buy a house I will pay attention to the protection code for fire insurance purposes.

I am still supporting my brother. I have him on a list for low income housing. Looks like about three years till he can get in. Housing costs vs paychecks is hurting our rural community. Moving to Seattle and getting a better job means paying even more for housing. No win .

Never forget the French Revolution!
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Went to Miami for the weekend it was 76 degrees and sunny on the beach!
You can tell I’m a changed woman when I think staying here, busy in my community, rather winters in Florida, is a good time.

Just finished my tax return. Yup, I’m tired of winning.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Sally! Hi!

My daughter-in-law and grandson are anxiously awaiting 5"-7" of snow in Seattle today. My son is in Jamaica pulling a dry dock on a cruise ship.

Me, I am hobbling around with a posterior patellar tendon pathology, which feels sort of like a cross between plantar fasciitis and a broken ankle. Otherwise, life is good.
I am so sorry Teddy, hobbling is no fun and can turn you into a couch potato.
just when I was enjoying the second warmest January on record, we are getting hit with a snowstorm our cities aren’t prepared for. My trusty all wheel drive Subaru almost didn’t make it up my driveway to The safety of the garage. We are to get hit again early next week. The oldsters at my workout place said that this same weather pattern hit in the early 90s and our town was without power for 3 days.
Judging from the empty shelves at the grocery store, there are people who remember it.

I am still a Girl Scout with my generator topped off, propane tanks full and a stocked up fridge.
I have a lovely propane fireplace, propane stove. The only thing missing is some decent wine.