Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 15
Michael, et al.

I just wanted you to know that I've greatly enjoyed The Jester Board. However, I'm going to take a break for a bit. I need a chance to decide how important TMF is to me.

I'm not a rule breaker by nature. I can understand a need for rules. Rules and laws prevent total chaos. I even like rules such as no flaming and no spamming. But the recent news that I can be suspended for suggesting that others on the Jester board use all their recs for one person on a certain day is downright gestapo-like.

I've heard that people have been suspended and then permanently banned for arguing the suspension from other people. I kept thinking that there must be more to the story, but it sounds like TMF has a core group of Nazis that run the place and do what they want. Years ago, I posted on MSN's boards, one in particular which was run with a heavy ruling Nazi hand similar to what I've heard about on TMF. Been there, done that and not so sure I want to do it again.

The problems all come down to TMFs stupid recs, charms and trophies. I think a lot of problems would be solved if they just got rid of that junk and let us post, reply, learn and enjoy.

Once I cool down, I'll either post and pretend that I'm a mindless, step-in time, hail Gardner TMFer (all the while grumbling under my breath) or I'll call and cancel my TMF membership and politely tell them why--as if they'd really care.

Melissa
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.