Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 15
Michael, et al.

I just wanted you to know that I've greatly enjoyed The Jester Board. However, I'm going to take a break for a bit. I need a chance to decide how important TMF is to me.

I'm not a rule breaker by nature. I can understand a need for rules. Rules and laws prevent total chaos. I even like rules such as no flaming and no spamming. But the recent news that I can be suspended for suggesting that others on the Jester board use all their recs for one person on a certain day is downright gestapo-like.

I've heard that people have been suspended and then permanently banned for arguing the suspension from other people. I kept thinking that there must be more to the story, but it sounds like TMF has a core group of Nazis that run the place and do what they want. Years ago, I posted on MSN's boards, one in particular which was run with a heavy ruling Nazi hand similar to what I've heard about on TMF. Been there, done that and not so sure I want to do it again.

The problems all come down to TMFs stupid recs, charms and trophies. I think a lot of problems would be solved if they just got rid of that junk and let us post, reply, learn and enjoy.

Once I cool down, I'll either post and pretend that I'm a mindless, step-in time, hail Gardner TMFer (all the while grumbling under my breath) or I'll call and cancel my TMF membership and politely tell them why--as if they'd really care.

Melissa
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I was kicked off the "Zippy the Pinhead" message board.

It's true!!!

There's a "Zippy the Pinhead" board at TMF????

Geeez, where have I BEEN????

DIMP
I'll either post and pretend that I'm a mindless, step-in time, hail Gardner TMFer
===*===

These are known as Stepford Fools.
No. of Recommendations: 5

That's nothing...I was permanently banned from the "Men who wear small jocks" message board.

They said that I didn't "fit in"...

Draegerman - Jesterbator

BTW, I personally believe that Burley and MichaelRead had something to do with this.

There's a "Zippy the Pinhead" board at TMF????

Let's start one.

It was "Zippytalk". Do a search, visit, see how silly it is.

Let's start one.
It was "Zippytalk". Do a search, visit, see how silly it is.

I couldn't find it (searched Zippy and talk and "Zippytalk").

But do you mean something like this?

"I have several hundred copies of "Boys Life" magazine under my bed, but that was until I need more room to store my collection of favorite plaid potholders...."

DIMP
...are we having fun yet?
couldn't find it (searched Zippy and talk and "Zippytalk").

Try "Zippy the Pinhead". It's there.
Here it is, schmegma. Enjoy.

http://lists.lyris.net/zippy/