Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 10
I just spoke with the Colonel on the phone. We had a very nice, long chat today.

He said to tell y'all, "Hey!".

He sounds a LOT better than the last time I spoke with him. He was very upbeat and joking. We shared several good laughs today.

He said he was thinking about us today, and then I call. He was at the PC earlier and contemplating writing a letter to us, but he's had a few problems since his stroke. One of the problems is remembering things. Bits and pieces are there, but not always enough to do what he wants to accomplish, such as writing a letter.

He misses all of us and said he'll be happy to chat your ear off if y'all'll give him a holler. And speak up, his hearing has taken a minor hit as well. I didn't have to yell at him, just needed to speak in a normal public place voice because I talk too quietly on the phone sometimes.

He's also thinking about moving out to CA to be closer to the Gunny and the grandkids. He's been checking out one town already and seems to know plenty about it. He's lived in the desert before and knows all about the climate and such. He sounds like he's really looking forward to this.

I know he'll miss his friends, but he makes friends so easily he'll have plenty to tell his jokes and stories too. Maybe we should send him some new jokes too, huh? Whaday'allthink?

He is so proud of the Gunny right now with what all that he's been accomplishing.

So, he said to fill y'all in and tell y'all he's doing well. He does miss us and when he can form enough memories to run that dern PC again, he'll write and/or post. Maybe we should hire him a Secretary too, huh? Just not a purty one as MawMaw may smack us upside the head if'n we do. :-)

ßillƒ
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.