No. of Recommendations: 0
ColonelCAF writes:

"Therefore noting about A can be bad and nothing about B can be good. This is a cleverly deceptive tactic that has been applied to many things. Pro-Choice and Pro-life are two great examples ... If I am for one, by definition I must be against the other .... The definers will allow me no middle ground. Many of Crooked Willies problems were attempted to be explained away by definintions, (Depends on what you mean by sex - ergo - I did not have sex with that woman) Crooked Dick Nixon (I never stole any money ) somebody just left it laying on the table and I found it...."

I liked your viewpoint, right up to the judgmental* "crooked Willies and crooked Dick Nixon.." You just took away their middle ground!!
Even so, I gave you a recommendation. Krishna once said ..(and I am paraphrasing) No good man is without some evil, and no evil man is completely evil. So, too, hobbits, I assume.

*Just so there is no misunderstanding, the 'judgmental' reference is to the term 'crooked' - I am not agreeing or disagreeing with their specific alleged discrepancies, which I shall leave for history to sort out!

roko2
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.