Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
My newsletter "Personal Finance" dropped their recommendation on this stock a month or so ago. They had held it in their recommendation list for about 80 months if I remember right.

I finally have figured their are other fish in this sea.

Color me gone.
Print the post Back To Top
My newsletter "Personal Finance" dropped their recommendation on this stock a month or so ago. They had held it in their recommendation list for about 80 months if I remember right.

I finally have figured their are other fish in this sea.

Color me gone.
(

How sad!!!!
Until the current idiots took over management, this was the best performing utility in the US over the past 50+ years!!!! It had >50 years of an unbroken string of increasing revenues, earnings, and dividends!!! Many, many fortunes were made on this stock. Suely there must be a way to register dissatisfaction with this group... or do we have a "Tow-hold" on the board with cronies put in by these jokers. By the way, last time I looked, Leonard Tow's wife was even on the board!!!! So much for diverse points of view from that strategic crew!!!
I agree with the sentiments expressed about CZN. I bought shares on the sheer premise that this company had an excellent track record. I stress the "HAD". I think we have been "HAD". It seems this company has no clear direction anymore. Do they ever listen to the shareholders? Do they have the pulse of reality? Or are they dead where they sit?

Unhappy with CZZZZZZZZZZZZZN
berad1
Started DRPing this stock three years ago, like you I was impressed with their history. Does the plan to spin off communications (phone) offer any hope for shareholders?
Started DRPing this stock three years ago, like you I was impressed with their history. Does the plan to spin off communications (phone) offer any hope for shareholders?

Boy...the question of the hour, huh?
I'm sure not smart enough to know if the spinoff will help or not. My gut feeling is that this company is rotten at the core due to incompetent management. It's not clear to me if the board is independent (and clueless) or just a bunch of cronies. I suspect that an independent observer would think we're all nuts for wanting to maintain our position in this bow-wow! Unfortunately, I own so many shares and have been so pleased with the company in the past that I keep hoping against hope. I sure wish there was a company outsider or board member out there in fool-land who could set us straight!