Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
COME IN ANYBODY*!*

I saw the "Hot Topics" thing on the side of the page about overweight people having to pay twice for one airline seat and thought I'd chime in. Looking at the pictures of you folks I think I'm safe here.

Which is the most viable option?

A) Airlines should have to pull every plane back in and widen all the seats so the 3 people that are too wide to sit in them can be comfortable without looking out of place. This will necessitate building wider planes and cost billions.

B) Airlines should be forced to widen 3 seats on each plane in case those 3 people all show up on the same flight. Those seats will be privately ridiculed and nearly always empty. Should you sit in one you will be humiliated before the plane gets off the ground. This will cost millions and make the 200,000,000 other fliers wonder why THEIR seats are thinner and why THEY have to pay the same price for less room.

C) Those 3 people should consider losing weight. This will SAVE untold amounts of money on airplane redesign, litigation costs and food...while creating healthier people.

While even people who ride the Short Bus have brains enough to choose C, I can't help but think some other option will be hammered out. And you, my fellow friend under 475 lbs., will somehow pay.

I'll one day love lawyers...
I'll one day understand why fat people cannot discipline themselves to lose weight...
I'll one day buy my own jet and fly away to an island without lawyers and litigious fat people...

When pigs fly...

Pat

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.