Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 29
I recall when Fox News was showing a 2-minute clip of Revered Wright's "Damn America" sermon. I showed it in my Social Problems class and the students were horrified and agreed with Fox News that it was disgusting. Then I showed the entire 22 minute sermon which made it clear he was actually praising the U.S. for changing its positions on terrible things like slavery and deny women the right to vote. The students condemned Fox News for the distortion. But if I could follow-up on them today, my guess is half the class forget the lesson not applying it to recent events.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 4
I dare you to show them the Russian Collusion stuff for 4+ years, then show them the Durham findings so far and ask them who do they trust on national media these days.

Double dare.

ww
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have no beef with Wright.

I used to.

I now fully concur, and I only wish I could help fund and publicize more voices like his.
No. of Recommendations: 4
Associated Press reports jobs under IMPOTUS Trump, "U.S. Employers Added A Robust 200,000 jobs in January." 2/2/18

Associated press reports jobs under President Biden, "U.S. Employers Added A Sluggish 210,000 jobs in November." 12/3/21

https://twitter.com/TheBeatWithAri/status/146800547288001331...

When does journalistic malpractice this awful become a crime?
No. of Recommendations: 2
Associated Press reports jobs under IMPOTUS Trump, "U.S. Employers Added A Robust 200,000 jobs in January." 2/2/18

Associated press reports jobs under President Biden, "U.S. Employers Added A Sluggish 210,000 jobs in November." 12/3/21

https://twitter.com/TheBeatWithAri/status/146800547288001331......

When does journalistic malpractice this awful become a crime?

+++++++++++++++++

Beyond the numbers and Enlightenment is the key.

There was a thing called Covid-19 in between. Causing a virtual collapse but once mostly "normalized" the rebound was expected to be much more.

Journalism died on a massive scale with the Russian Collusion scam, what now do you expect?

ww
No. of Recommendations: 0
huh?