Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

This is my Caps stock picking record:

All-Time Best: XXII +49.07

All-Time Worst: GSB -66.09

Please note that I actually purchased GSB around $0.20 in the beginning. I then bought $25,000 block at around $0.50. According to my brokerage account, overall, with the later purchases, my average price wa $1.00. At $4.15 today, that's a 315% increase. I just wanted to get on Caps and let people know I was one of the big winners in GSB but it comes out like not what you paid for it or when you bought it, so it says I'm down 66.09%, lol, and makes me look like a dweeb. And you can't erase it, I don't think, but not that I tried. But the honest truth is I'm way up on GSB, and the 20 cent buys, well, that's a 2,000% gain. So I've been one of the big winners in Globalscape and at one point had as many shares as needed to make me in the top 5 institutional holders of the stock.

Per XXII, I bought a large block at $1.00 a share, and then recently bought another large block at $2.50. On the $1.00 purchase, I'm up 167% or so today, and on the $2.50 purchase, up 5% or so. I am up well in Aphria as well, holding it for over a year now.

That's just an FYI for those wondering do you want to listen to somebody who lost 2/3rds of their GSB value. I didn't lose 2/3rds. I'm way way up. Update on that is I am now out of GSB, though it is still a good company and I might at some point venture back in. But right now I am investing in pharma, in precious metals, and a few other things and doing well in them, although the precious metals basically is an asset protection move.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.