Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 94
Once again, one who cries community loudly has torn another apart.

It takes a lot, even too much, to get permanently banned from TMF, but Sofaking6 has been banned. It happened to her because she wouldn't back down from what she knew to be right.

I believe I know her well. She's as smart as anyone moving around these boards. She's also dead honest. She will not lie to anyone. Her fault is that she can use these strengths to be a tad bit manipulative at times when certain she is right. She doesn't hide from that, however. This time, she might have pushed too far but in what I've seen, and I've seen a lot of this, it wasn't her actions that got her banned. She was restrained in what she said on the boards. For unknown reasons, TMF put a gag order on her. She was told a few weeks ago if she said anything else on this matter, she would be banned.

Warisill made a long post which carefully documented the events leading to the current situation. Joseph commmented fairly on War's post and so did Six. Six got banned. I don't know what happened to Joseph.

Joseph and Six clashed over something both took seriously. That happens. I received unrequested emails from both about the issue but I don't have a dog in the fight. I don't care about Joseph and Six has told me more than once she can and will stand up for herself. I don't care who wins or won or whatever. What I do know is that another community is broken and a familiar actor is in the middle of this mess too.

Can we please stop tearing TMF apart? Every one of us has to decide whether to tear down or build up. We need to spend time building and turn away from tearing down. If an issue becomes personal, that usually leads to tearing down. For me, that's the easiest way to tell. A dig here, a dig there, that's not personal, that is sparring. But when you have someone in a corner and it's your desire to take them down to their knees, that is personal. If you ever feel that way and if you really want community, walk away. Real community leaders often have the deepest scars and often, they are in the back because they were walking away. Suck it up and take it if you really want to build.

Rick
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.