Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello all. Long time lurker (and recruiter) on this board. I am looking at 2WD compact pick-ups. Primarly the Ranger and S10 with the auto and the most powerful engine option available. I may go look at imports today (Nissan and Toyota) as well as compare the GMC to Chevy. I'm not keen on the looks of the S10 but I have GM card so the wallet may have a say in my final purchase. DM vehicles are out after they didn't stand behind my current ride.

This will be my only vehicle (for now anyway) and will be used for commuting and for "weekend hauling." I do want decent towing capability although I don't plan to tow much. The one tow I know I will make sometime during the life of the vehicle will be pulling a flat trailer with a '63 T-bird on it from the mountains of VA to my home in FL. It will be a one time deal but I want to be able to do it with my new vehicle. So, that will be the wieght of the rented trailer plus 4200 lbs of steel. The rated towing capacity on the Chevy is 5800 lbs. The Ranger I am not sure, the chart I have is not very good. Who knows, I may have to get a small boat sometime too.

Any advice/experiences. It's not a dream ride but the best practical choice for me at this time. Besides, the T-bird will be fun.

FoolNBlue

Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.