Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
As I think about our situation, more and more, I'm bound to think we're doomed. The United States has been damaged today beyond repair. How can we ever make things better again? We simply can't. We will never have catharthis.( def: getting rid of bad feelings by expressing them through art or by reliving them.)

We will never achieve catharthis. How can we? We still talk about Pearl Harbor 60 years later.

What about the Jews who experienced the Holocast? When can they experience catharthis?

What about the (few) survivors of Hiroshima? What can you say?

The ugliness of humanity has not gone away. Nor has it's compassion.

The truly brave show the later.

seansan
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
The deaths are horrible, but I think that the worst thing is that after today nobody will ever feel safe again.

If they can completely destroy both world trade centers, there is no office building in the world that is safe. Imagine the people who work in other office buildings in Manhattan, they will always be at risk and there is absolutely nothing that can be done to protect them. Every morning when they leave for work, it may be the last time they ever see their families.
No. of Recommendations: 17
We are not doomed. We will never forget today, but we are not doomed. That is one victory the terrorists will never have. 10,000 brave souls are currently implementing rescue efforts in NYC. Blood banks across the country are besieged with volunteers who want to help. This is the American spirit. We are not doomed unless we believe we are, and we will never believe that. We will weather this. No, our safety is not guaranteed, but it never has been. We live all of our lives knowing that. That is why we try to live every day as if it might be our last, with our heads held high. =)

Good thoughts to all.

Joe
No. of Recommendations: 4
We will never achieve catharthis. How can we? We still talk about Pearl Harbor 60 years later.

What about the Jews who experienced the Holocast? When can they experience catharthis?

What about the (few) survivors of Hiroshima? What can you say?

How can you use these three sentences together? They are not in any way equivalent. We dropped the bomb because we wanted to end a war with as few casualties as possible. The bomb probably saved more American lives than the Japanese lost and definitely saved more Japanese lives than if an invasion was necessary.

The bomb was dropped on a nation that declared war on us and subjugated and brutalized millions of others.

Justice first. Compassion only once justice has been accomplished.

I have compassion. But not to those who forfeit their lives by showing no regards for the lives of others.

When you understand the difference between justice and compassion you can avoid despair.

bozob
No. of Recommendations: 0

<<<<<Justice first. Compassion only once justice has been accomplished.>>>>>

And in your damned search for PURE justice, innocent people are killed. Do not make one single mistake in your verdict.

<<<<<When you understand the difference between justice and compassion you can avoid despair.>>>>>

pseudo-philosophical horse manure

PAX

No. of Recommendations: 3
Justice will never be PURE. We can only try our best. But I choose to exert justice whenever necessary and save my compassion for those who deserve it.

These animals don't deserve compassion, they deserve justice.

bozob

P.S. You show your nature when you think that one should show compassion because TRUE justice is impossible. I'd rather live in a world that strives for true justice than one that only strives for compassion.

In the latter case those perpertrating INjustice will win.

No. of Recommendations: 0
You show your nature when you think that one should show compassion because TRUE justice is impossible. I'd rather live in a world that strives for true justice than one that only strives for compassion.

Amen brother
Just nuke'em once we find out who the bastards are!
Gator8387: Imagine the people who work in other office buildings in Manhattan, they will always be at risk and there is absolutely nothing that can be done to protect them. Every morning when they leave for work, it may be the last time they ever see their families.

___________________________________________-

It hits home BUT -

YES - People will always be at risk and there is absolutely nothing that can be done to protect them - in many cases. Every morning when people leave for work, it may be the last time they ever see their families.

This is very true and is called life. You can try to minimize your exposure to risks but regardless of how you live ANY time you leave your home it may be the last time you see your family.

Be kind to your families and remember Life comes with no guarentees

Linda
in bella Napoli