Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have been wanting to get a tattoo for the longest time. This may be a weird palce to post this question, but I wanted to see if anyone regretted or still loved their tattoos? Should I take the plunge?

Sorry for the randomness...
Print the post Back To Top
LOL My husband and I were just talking about tattoos last night. (Well, technically, I think I was doing most of the talking.)

I have some homemade tattoos. I have mushrooms going from my right ankle, around the back of my leg, up to the inside of my leg near my knee. I also have a Sam from Green Eggs and Ham on mt left leg.

I love them. They were done with India ink and a sewing needle wrapped with thread when I was 15 or 16, and I still love them.

I want another. I've wanted another for a while now. A professional one this time. :) Mostly what is stopping me is that I can't decide what or where. I'm trying to convince my husband (he of no tattoos) that we should get matching or complimentary tattoos. I can't say he is excited at the idea, but he says he'll consider it if we think of something cool. Honestly, I think that's most likely his way of stalling.

On a similar topic, I'm getting my ear pierced on Friday! I'm really excited about it.

Rebecca
No. of Recommendations: 2
anyone regretted or still loved their tattoos? Should I take the plunge?
WC
===================================
Hmmmm... everyone I know personally, male/female, who has carried them over 10 years say they *wish they hadn't done it*...

From ages 30 to over 50...

Besides the answers you get here, find at least two folks whom you know and esteem face-to-face personally who have tatoos, and get their responses before making your own personal decision...

Just sayin'...
I got my tat in 1993 after thinking about it for 5 years. I still love it, still want more, but can't justify the expense.

Ishtar
i have three tattoos. sometimes i wish i could erase them and put another design on that area.

my inspiration for different design changes. getting tattoos have always been a good choice for me.
No. of Recommendations: 1
I've got five and I still adore them all. The oldest one is from twelve years ago and the most recent was last October. Actually, the oldest one is fourteen years old, but I covered it with another one nearly ten years ago.

I've no regrets on any of my tats. They're all significant to me both in the symbolism of the images and in the transitions they mark in my life.

Questions to ask yourself: What's the rationale behind getting one? Are you marking something in your life--an event or a transformation or something you want to physically remember? Is there any chance I might regret this a few years down the road? Where to put it--are there issues to consider like a workplace giving you a hard time for having it?

Don't get a name unless it's your child's. Tattoos over bony structures (sacrum, spine, shoulder blade, skull) hurt like you wouldn't believe. Fleshy places are better from a pain tolerance standpoint, at least that's my experience. Design or create an image that means something to you otherwise you may end up seeing your tat on other people. I've never seen any of my images on anyone else.

HIH,
Gena
I like my tattoo. I'd like to get another one, but I want to lose some weight first.

I like my tattoo. I'd like to get another one, but I want to lose some weight first.

Yeah, if I ever get to a comfy weight again, I want one around my belly button.

Ishtar
No. of Recommendations: 3
I don't have any tattoos, and I don't care for them on others. But that's just MHO. Should you get one? Only you can make that decision. Why not try a henna tattoo and see how you feel. If you don't like it, it will fade away in a couple of weeks. If you do like it, then you can have it done permanently.

My daughter, during a very rebellious period, got a somewhat suggestive tattoo on her b*tt. Now, years later, she keeps asking herself, what was she thinking?

And consider whether you want the tattoo to be visible to others. She got a tattoo of a butterfly on her ankle a few years ago, and was really happy with it, until she started working in the hospitality industry. Now when she gets dressed for work, she has to either wear opaque tights, or cover it up with a large bandaid.

Peg
Why not try a henna tattoo and see how you feel. If you don't like it, it will fade away in a couple of weeks. If you do like it, then you can have it done permanently
pwhitten
=======================================
Perfect suggestion... meant to include it in my own comments...

Perfect...
one thing i like to add about tattoos.

you will like tattoos much more after getting one. i never cared for tattoos and didn't see what the subculture was about...until i got my first tattoo.

its addictive. after you have one, you want another. and another. suddenly, your body becomes a vast blank canvas (as weird as that idea sounds, i know).

tattoos are like an oreo cookie.

you can't eat just one.
tattoos are like an oreo cookie

you can't eat just one
MF
===========================
Un-uh...

THOSE are Lay's potato chips...

"Betcha can't eat just one..."
THOSE are Lay's potato chips...

Oh, perhaps, felines. As the sign on my front door, given to be my my mother last Christmas, reads:

Cats are like potato chips...
You can't have just one!"

True, true.

;-)
Cori

Cats, tattoos, potato chips, whatever floats your boat!
Cats are like potato chips...
You can't have just one!"

;-)
Cori
===============================
LOL...

We have two... litter-mate *twin* sisters... going on 14 years, plus perhaps a year... they've started acting like two arguing old maid spinsters, spitting at each other... fun to watch...