Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
While in CompUSA yesterday (Phoenix), I noticed that the mac section was, well, barren of products. They had ZERO G3 powerbooks on display, no Ti Books, a few iBooks, a G4 tower and a Cube, but nothing else. No big section for OS X, though it was on the back wall.

Usually this store has plenty of hardware and software. The sad state of the section had me wondering if they are going to carry macs anymore, or (the optimist in me) if they were just sold out of stock on the older Powerbooks.

Didnt get a chance to ask a salesperson, as no mac salespeople in sight. :-(

though, I must admit being surprised by a salesman actually steering a customer away from a PC to an iMac! really. Thought I was going mad, but he did, and I think the customer bought the iMac.

Maybe I was on drugs yesterday. Or maybe the customer wanted OSX? Sure wish I would have eavesdropped more, but I had to run.

dave
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.