Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi All!

I have $500.00 to invest and was wondering where do you think this one is going? Everything looks good according to the market, but wanted more of a mass opinion. The price is pretty attractive right now but not as much as it used to be. What do you all think?

Thanks

Dan Malek
danielmalek@hotmail.com
Print the post Back To Top
check the backlog of postings dan, everybody has nothing but good things to say. IMMU has a lot of promising stuff in the pipeline and i think thats what most (including myself)are hanging our hats on - plus the fact that the market cap on this one is still small in a sector that is abstotutely en feugo. i'd wait out this week and see where it stands after all this volatility settles a little bit and then jump in.

by the way, i hate it when some fools (you know who you are) feel they need to let the rest of us know what price they bought in at - how does that help anybody? so in reply: "congratulations, i'm so very proud of you, you are soooo smart and savvy, you're the man!" - is that what you were looking for?
No. of Recommendations: 1
Starksterb,

"i hate it when some fools (you know who you are) feel they need to let the rest of us know what price they bought in at - how does that help anybody?"

Actually, that's not the reason that I posted my entry price (although I can't speak for the others). The real reason is that it may serve as a reinforcement to those who are unsure of the value of buy and hold as a long-term strategy. I've bought my share of dogs, as I'm not ashamed to admit. I've also bought my share of companies whose long term value I believed in, but when they failed to return in the short run (less than 18 months) I would bail out only to watch the stock price rocket six months later when the market "recognized" the value of the company. Examples: BMC Software, Wind River Systems (bought in at 7 back in 94, sold out 2 years later with no gain... now it's at a split-adjusted 200+

The point is that if you believe in a company, and you are confident as to why you bought the stock, then don't rely on the daily swings in price as they reflect soooo many externalities (including profit taking, day trading, rumors, etc) that you can watch 5-10 point swings that are really not indicative of the long-term value. Granted, Warren Buffet could say this all much more eloquently, but there you have it. In short, trust your own faith.

It did pay for a nice dinner, though ;)

Fool on,
C
"i hate it when some fools (you know who you are) feel they need to let the rest of us know what price they bought in at - how
does that help anybody?"

Gee I put in that I bought it at 8ish back in 1992 as a hot stock that was about to move. I mean it may do great things and I have held it but that does not mean the methods patented will be sold in the USA for years

good luck
Lloyd