Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Sorry my paragraph concerning R & D spending was incomplete. I reviewed the conference call again and their comments were as follows:

"During the most recent quarter, spending on R & D projects declined 12% sequentially due to additional received from Microvision (MVIS) under an agreement signed in April 2000. Under the agreement MVIS has agreed to fund 1.125 million per quarter in the first year for optical electronic research (compared to 650,00 per quarter under the old contract). In general, R & D costs are significantly higher than the prior year due to a greater investment in optical electronic and microwave programs. Spending for R & D is expected to grow in future quarters as a high focus has been put on research for HB LEDs and other products."

There is nothing negative about this because any company involved with developing new technology products should be spending more on R & D. I would be scared if they significantly slowed down their spending. Thoughts?

Gavone
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
There is nothing negative about this because any company involved with developing new technology products should be spending more on R & D. I would be scared if they significantly slowed down their spending. Thoughts?

Absolutely right, IMO. I always like to see R&D costs increase along with sales. If I remember correctly, CREE's real R&D expenditure is a little hard to come up with because of government funding, and now this MVIS thing.

orangeblood

Print the post Back To Top