Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 11
About once a month, I have to remind myself that I can't do it all. There are all kinds of things that I just can't do right now...and I also have to remember that financial security is a process. Sometimes I wonder if I am trying to keep up with the other Fools (I guess it's better than keeping up with the Joneses).

I am 25 years old. My DH and I have been out of college almost exactly one year. I know that we are just starting out in life, but I want to do it all right now. I want to already be there. I want our mortgage to be gone (it still has 29 years left on it). I want our 6 month emergency fund to be completely funded. I want our 401k to be maxed out and our Roth IRAs to be completely funded. I want our son's college education to be taken care of. I want to do it all right, but I am finding out that it takes time. We are doing it, but slowly.

So, for those of you that are already there, please share the process that you went through to be where you are. Help me to understand how financial security is not just a mind frame of self control, but a process as well - one that takes time.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.