Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Congrats on the ballons. My husband called my drs office when the moderate came back. They called 3 hours later telling me not to worry about it. Not to worry about it??. Everything in my GD folder says "Have no ketones". I don't see my dr again until the 11th of next month. I will try to talk to her and if not, talk to my insurance company.

Thanks. I did not even realize today was my Foolish Birthday!

First, don't panic. I realize telling a pregnant women not to panic when it comes to the health of her child is like telling a bull to be careful in a china shop, but don't panic. One reading is nothing to worry about. If you notice a pattern of increasing off-norm readings, then you and your doctor will discuss what needs to be done.

Diabetes is a creeping desease. Not creepy (although it is that), but one that creeps up on you. Those who are most negatively impacted are the ones who are not paying attention to what their bodies are telling them. That is what the 4/day BG tests and the keytones tests are for - to help you see when normal goes to not normal.

Ideally, keytones and BG levels would be perfect all the time. But with people like us that is no longer a possiblity. The doctor is only 2 weeks away, and it is not likely that anything untreatable will happen in that time. Creating stress for yourself is decidedly not in your best interests.

Fuskie
Who thinks talking to a self-serving insurance company is the last place to turn to for unbiased advice...
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.